AS&D Products may contribute to the acquisition of a U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) rating.
Credits that AS&D products apply to include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Energy and Atmosphere Credit EA 1 Optimize Energy Performance. Intent-To achieve increasing levels of energy performance beyond the prerequisite standard to reduce environmental and economic harms associated with excessive energy use.
- Materials and Resources Credit MR 3.1 or Credit MR 3.2 Salvaged, Refurbished, or Reused Materials. Intent-To reuse building materials and products to reduce demand for virgin materials and reduce waste, thereby lessening impacts associated with the extraction and processing of virgin resources.
- Materials and Resources Credit MR 4.1 or Credit MR 4.2 Recycled Content Materials. Intent-To increase demand for building products that incorporate recycled content materials, thereby reducing impacts resulting from extraction and processing of virgin materials.
- Materials and Resources Credit MR 5.1 or Credit MR 5.2 Regional Materials. Intent-To increase demand for building materials and products that are extracted and manufactured within the region, thereby supporting the use of indigenous resources and reducing the environmental impacts resulting from transportation. Location: within 250 miles /Dalles, Oregon.
- Indoor Environmental Quality Credit EQ 4.1 or Credit EQ 4.2 Low Emitting Materials. Intent- To reduce the quantity of indoor air contaminants that are odorous, irritating and/or harmful to the comfort and well-being of installers and occupants.